Kadampa Meditation Centre Sheffield is a UK registered not-for-profit charity that is open to everyone. The aim of the centre is to help busy, modern people from all walks of life to find peace and real happiness by learning to integrate meditation and positive thinking into their daily lives. As each individual finds inner peace, they will bring peace and harmony into their community.
The centre is run entirely by volunteers and receives no external funding – income is generated solely through the centre’s own activities.
If you would like to share your skills or expertise while learning something new, then here are a few ideas.:
We have a workaway profile here:
Check out our reviews 🙂
- Helping at your local meditation class – welcoming people, setting up chairs or making tea.
- Painting & Gardening – from painting in the Centre to weeding or even creating a new feature in our garden.
- Maintenance and DIY – there are always things that need fixing.
- Office and admin – answering the phone, replying to emails, maintaining the website and social media updates, etc.
- Cooking – you can practice to be a head chef at our centre or simply join in to help and learn a few new dishes.
- Working in the meditation room – cleaning, setting up offerings for pujas, doing the daily water offerings.
- Getting us known – Putting out publicity (we don’t hand out to the public)
- Fund raising – got any ideas or fancy doing a sponsored event for the centre ?
- TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER: Send an email, fill in the contact form or call us…and THANK YOU!!